Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Who am I ?


I'm at work and I'm sitting in front of a laptop, typing my life away.

I'm on a swing in grade school when she tells me I am ugly and I don't know if I believe her, but it still hurts.

I'm a little girl standing on a street corner waiting for him to come back, and he doesn't.

I'm putting on my ballet shoes and knowing I will dance the rest of my life.

I'm standing alone in the shower soaked and alone having my first orgasm.

I'm floating on an inner tube at the water park when she falls asleep on my chest and I fall in love, again.

I'm in a funeral home looking at my great grandmother and feeling bad for not really feeling bad.

I'm waking up confused on the kitchen floor wondering if I will die alone.

I am staring in the mirror in the bathroom when I see a fat girl looking back for the first time.

I am a mess of sweat and come and bruises and breath, I am helpless, I am his.

I'm standing soaked in the rain remembering what it felt like to not hurt all over.

I am watching him watch me sleep.

I'm sitting on my bed taking off my ballet shoes, knowing I will never dance again.

I am all of these things, living all of these moments at once.

I'm at work and I'm sitting in front of a laptop, typing my life away.

2 comments:

Jaymie said...

You are amazing sitting in front of your laptop and my family is being instructed to eat cold cereal for dinner because I cannot be torn away.

I am not the ninja you were looking for said...

thank you, for that.

Post a Comment