Tuesday, February 16, 2010

You just can’t change other people.

You just can’t.
I just wanted everything to be alright.
Sometimes I dared to hope for good.

I just wanted to be happy.
I wanted him to be happy.
A lie.
I wanted him to change and be happy.

Broken promises.
Broken things.
Broken people.
And I grew so tired.
And finally, so numb.


I have to admit that I still grow a little sad when I think about that look in his eyes. The way he used to smile, like nothing had ever been wrong.

Those were the times I thought I could make a difference.

But I couldn’t.

And it is this truth that inspires my heart to break and quietly deaden at the same time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Anonymous said...

"I have to admit that I still grow a little sad when I think about that look in his eyes. The way he used to smile, like nothing had ever been wrong."


This makes me want to cry.

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Audrey said...

Hi there,
thank you for dropping by my page. Consider this a smoke signal.
Audrey

Anonymous said...

No one changes unless they want to.

Post a Comment